Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Post Numero Uno

Hello All!

I'm pretty new to this blogging thing. When I was in High School I had a Xanga account, but basically just used it to talk about silly teeny-bopper problems and things of the like. This blog is kind of a big deal for me. I've always been a journal person and rarely do I share the things I've written. As of late, I've been writing mostly about my diagnosis with Fibromyalgia and my journey from the Denial phase to the Acceptance phase. 

A very near and dear friend of mine blogs regularly about her chronic disease, Crohn's. (You should read her blog. She's pretty amazing!) For her, it began as a way to educate people on what Crohn's is and what it is like to live with it. As I began to accept my diagnosis and what it meant in regards to my life and the changes I would have to make, I realized...no one understood. Ok, not literally "no one". But in the few times I had chosen to talk openly about it with friends or co-workers, most had heard of it but didn't know what it was, and some had never heard of it at all. Fibromyalgia affects 5 million Americans who are 18 or older. That's A LOT of people!!!! 

So, please bare with me as I begin this journey. My goal is to educate passersby about Fibromyalgia, and to give others who are going through similar issues with any Chronic Syndrome, hope and maybe a few laughs here and there.

-Baylee

No comments:

Post a Comment