Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Break-Up Conversation

Today my rheumatologist broke up with me. 

Ok, not technically a "break-up" per se, but she basically said she can't do anything else for me since my auto-immune system isn't broken. Now I'm being referred to a Pain Management Clinic(PMC).

I haven't decided whether this is a positive, neutral, or negative thing. I've tried to read up a little on the PMC I'm being referred to, but there isn't much material online about it. It's just part of the hospital I already visit bi-weekly. Maybe I should start keeping track of my miles for tax purposes....*Memo-to-self*

Something Dr. Collins did mention today is that the PMC has access to a wider variation of treatment options such as other medications, topical treatments, and injections (yay...not). As if I'm not already a human pin cushion.

I don't really have anything productive to say...I'm mostly just going in circles inside my head about how much I hate this illness and how this isn't the way I thought I would be living my life. You know the papers you write in high school where they ask, "Where do you want to be in 10yrs?" I can tell you exactly what I DIDN'T write:

"Chronically ill, back and forth on the verge of being disabled, and heart broken over it all."

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot to be thankful for. 10yrs ago I hoped to be married, but I never knew how amazing of a husband God would bestow upon me. He is my rock and the reason I get out of bed every morning. I have a wonderful family and support system back home, and a team of medical professionals who really are trying to make it to where I feel better.

It's just that when I think we've finally found a plan that works, another hole appears in the boat, water shoots out, and we start sinking a little bit more. 

Where's the duct tape when I need it?

No comments:

Post a Comment